Monday, March 5, 2007

Italy, Oh Italy

Tuscany of mellow light,
The golden hue,
The brush of green.
Tuscany of blue-washed height,
The creamy stone,
The dusty road,
Tuscany....a pleasing sight!

Shirl:)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If I had a genii in a bottle....and I rubbed him until he popped out....up....uh, whatever....and if he granted me a wish to go anywhere in the world....I would pick Italy!
Then if this genii would transport me there....on a beautiful magic carpet.....I would have him gently lower me to earth upon the soil of Tuscany!

But, Venice would be a wonderful place to be transported to also....standing on one of the humped up bridges....watching the people!
The sexy frenchmen...with their berets and striped jerseys....the singing gondoliers....the piazas and side-walk cafes.....the vivid colors that sing and ripple!

Ahh...to hope.....to wish.......per chance to dream!!!..............

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Shirley. I do have a history of anemia but I'm pretty good about taking my iron pills. I also have thyroid problems that may be contributing to my fatigue problems but I am not yet due for a blood test. I've mentioned this already to my doctor in the past and she has never really said anything about it. I just figured it was from gaining so much weight and being out of shape, but lately I'm not so sure.

Cheryl said...

I forgot to answer your question about my bathroom. My sink, tub, and toilet are a pink color. Not my choices, but we've made it work. I'd rather have black and grey. I think that would make a really neat looking bathroom.

Anonymous said...

oh wow, Italy would be nice! Can I go too?!?

Anonymous said...

oops, I can't do anything right today! SORRY! Had to correct my comment! Love reading your blog shirls!