Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cool Weather

Last night was great sleeping weather!I had the living room and the bedroom windows open. It had been cool during the day, but sunny and beautiful.

By last night it had gotten quite cold! I left all the windows open when I went to bed, and I dressed in warm sweat pants, sweat shirt and warm sox on my feet!! When I crawled into bed and lay there for a bit, I realized I would be TOO chilly.

But...I love sleeping in cold weather, and didn't want to shut the windows. So I got back up and dug out a warm, heavy quilt. I snuggled up under that and felt like I was all snuggled down in a nest.

I love that feeling! You 're all nice and warm down in your cocoon, but if you leave your nose outside the cover it gets cold. If my feet get too cold I have to add another layer of socks.The next morning, I wake up, and doze off again, 'cause it feels so good I don't want to move.

Fall is a wonderful time to sleep your life away!! I might crawl out of the covers long enough to....catch ya later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of this. this is why I prefer being cold to hot.

GmaSue C said...

Good Morning Shirley Curry,
I know 51* isn't very cold to Ohio. But we've been in FL. since 1989 & to me now that's cold. LoL

Anonymous said...

i hope you'r
okay even with this virus

Anonymous said...

We recently had snow here in Tennessee, I was surprised by how cold it got here. But I hope you keep warm and we'll :)

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year! We are in the 70s during the day and 50s at night. Loving it! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

fall is litterally the best season for sleeping!
in summer the night is too hot
in spring allergies dont want you to sleep
in winter its too cold
but fall is p.e.r.f.e.c.t!! ✨

Shirley Curry said...

Hey!! I haven't been here for a long time!! I was browsing through my stuff and came to here! I'm glad to seen there were some comments!! Thank you all. I have a new Blog now! It is
'Grandma's World Of Skyrim'

Izayoiri said...

Oh how I know this feeling. I am the same, I love sleeping in a nice warm bed, when you feel the cold on your nose! The comfort of a warm bed is just so nice and comfy!

Its one of my favorite things about winter.. warm summers are much worse for sleep!